African Peanut Soup
This soup is rich, jam packed with veggies, loaded with probiotic and peanut buttery delicious.
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tbsps garlic infused oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon
- 2 delicada squash
- ½ lb green beans cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 lg diced heirloom tomatoes ~ 4 cups (can also use canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup 24 hr yogurt or lactose free yogurt of choice
- 6 chard leaves slivered
- Put 2 small chicken breast in a pot with water and boil for about 10 min, strain and use fingers to pull apart and shred.
- While chicken is boiling…
- Cut squash into small cubes with skin on
- Add coconut oil and garlic oil to a large pot on med high heat and sauté delicada squash 5-7 min.
- Add minced ginger and sauté for a few minutes
- Add diced tomato sauté 7 min
- Add green beans sauté a few more minutes
- Add in rest of the ingredients except for chard and chicken
- Let it simmer and thicken for 20 min stirring occasionally
- Add shredded chicken and let cook for a few more minutes (more if the chicken didn't cook all the way through from boiling it)
- Add shredded chard
- Turn off and let cool to eating temperature.
- *soup typically gets better the longer it sits because the flavors seem to meld and get stronger so it can be better served the next day