Banana Paleo Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup
This is my special version of the classic Paleo pancake made a little more delicious with a strawberry syrup. Great for breakfast or as a sweet snack anytime of the day. Yummy!
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 ripe banana’s
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Strawberry Syrup:
- ½ lb ripe strawberries
- * optional 1 tsp honey
- If you plan to make the strawberry syrup, start it first so it can cook down while you make the pancakes. Instructions below.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl
- Mix with hand mixer until smooth
- Add ½ tbsp coconut oil to medium high skillet when nice and hot add ¼ cup sized dollops batter onto skillet and flatten so that they make a disk shape no more than ½” thick
- Let first side brown then flip and brown other side.
- Optional Strawberry syrup:
- Cut stems off strawberries throw in blender or cuisinart and puree.
- Put on stove on medium until volume reduces by half (about 30min)
- Turn off stove and stir in honey
- *The riper the strawberries the sweeter this will be.
- Serve pancakes with strawberry syrup and add sliced strawberries and bananas if you like.