Cashew Chicken with Bell Peppers and Pineapple
This dish is a combo of a cashew chicken dish that is a classic Chinese food dish and the pineapple bell pepper curry dish made typically in Thai food. It turned out super tasty. It has a sweet and sour type flavor with kick of spice. I think you are gonna love it!
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- 2 chicken breasts- boneless skinless
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ pineapple
- 1 tbsp ginger- chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ lime
- ½-1 Serrano pepper (depending on desired level of spice)
- 1 tbsp ume plum vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 cup cashew
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- Add 1 tbsp garlic oil to med/high heat skillet.
- Add chopped cashews and let cook for a minute then add sesame seeds stir it all up and let brown making sure not to burn the sesame seeds.
- Remove from heat. Set aside and let cool
- Cut Chicken into carnival ticket sized pieces about ¼” thick.
- Turn skillet on med/high and let it get nice and hot, add coconut oil and lay chicken pieces in pan so that each piece is touching the pan bottom.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over top. Let first side brown then turn pieces and let other side brown.
- In another skillet add garlic infused oil, cubed bell peppers, minced ginger and minced Serrano pepper. Let bell peppers soften about 5-7min.
- Add Pineapple cubes let cook another few minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients: coconut aminos, fish sauce, plum vinegar and lime turn heat down to low/med after about a minute.
- Add chicken to veggie mixture mix it all together. Sprinkle cashew and sesame seeds over top and serve.