Cuban Style Stuffed Peppers
This might be one of my favorite recipes of all time. It is a complete meal in itself no need to make a side dish even, you've got your veggies, protein and fat all in one. The flavor is so good and the raisins add a hint of sweet that so complements the spicy and savo5ry of the peppers and beef. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- 4 poblano peppers
- 4 tbsp garlic infused oil
- ¾ lb ground beef - grass fed
- 2 carrots- shredded
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- 10 leaves chard - chopped
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups pepper jack cheese - shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put 4 tbsp garlic infused oil in a sauce pan on medium high. When skillet is nice and hot than add shredded carrot.
- Let carrots cook until they are good and soft and the carrot oils start to infuse into the oil about 5 min.
- Push carrots into edge of skillet and put beef into center of skillet add all spices and salt and sauté until browned.
- Add tomato paste mix it in well
- When meat is nearly cooked all the way through add chard and lemon juice. Stir in chard when it has softened all the way turn off heat and mix in the raisins
- Cut off top of poblano and slit down the side.
- Stuff filling into poblanos and cover opening with pepper jack cheese
- Bake in oven for 35 min or until cheese is a golden brown