Delicada is by far my favorite squash. No need to peel them. You can eat them skin and all. I was a big fan of home baked fries when I could still eat potatoes and yams. I was having tuber withdrawal and I decided to try the Delicada squash instead of potatoes and it turned out so good! Simple yet amazingly flavorful, these really hit the spot!
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- 2 Delicata Squash
- ½ Lemon
- 2 tbsps Ghee or coconut oil
- 4 tbsps Garlic infused oil
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds
- Cut into thin "fry sized" strips lengthwise. *The more consistent you are with your strip widths the more likely the fries will cook at the same rate. If you have a few smaller pieces in there you might have to pull them out before the others are ready so they don't burn
- Put strips into a baking dish, sprinkle garlic infused oil and spices over squash and mix squash so they are covered in spices and coated in oil
- Add butter globs to pan and bake for 30 min
- Stir squash and turn oven up to 425 and bake another 30 min or until squash is nice and crispy.
- Squeeze lemon over squash right before they are about done baking
- Serving size claims that this is enough for 4 people but they are so yummy that it may only really last for two servings...