Kiwi Lime Tart
Kiwis are a forgotten fruit but they are the stars of this dish and boy oh boy are they good. Sweet and tart mmm just what the doctor ordered!
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
- 8 Kiwis
- 4 limes
- ⅙ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup palm shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt palm shortening in a small pot
- Put all crust ingredients into a Cuisinart and blend until smooth
- Spread crust ingredients into a 8 X 8 baking dish. Grease up a piece of tin foil with coconut oil and but greased side down over crust cover with dry beans and bake for 15 min.
- While crust is baking scoop out kiwi’s and put in Cuisinart with, lime juice and honey and blend until smooth
- Put blended filling ingredients into a saucepan and heat on med heat for about 10 min or until some other the water begins to evaporate off and mixture thickens.
- When crust is done cooking add filling and bake for another 20 min
- Let tart cool than put into refrigerator overnight so that it sets
- *If the tart is too watery in the morning you can always put it in the oven to cook a bit longer. When you cut a piece out it should not release water if it does it was not cooked long enough.