Lemon Tart with Chestnut and Pecan Crust
I love tart foods. I remember making lemon bars in middle school and loving them. This is a much healthier version of what I used to make but does not lack at all in deliciousness. 🙂
Author: Samantha B. Johnson
Serves: 12 pieces
- 1 ½ cup chestnut flour
- ¼ cup pecans
- 6 tbsp. ghee
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 lemons- juiced
- ¾ cup honey
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- lemon rind from 1 whole lemon
- Put pecans into Cuisinart and pulse until they become small pieces.
- Add all the other crust ingredients together into cuisnart and blend until smooth.
- Grease a 12 x 12 baking dish with ghee and press dough so that it covers entire bottom surface evenly. Put into freezer for 1 hr.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a piece of tin foil and put it face down on top of crust. Cover tin foil with dry beans. (This is a cool trick to keep crust from rising).
- Bake in oven for 20 min.
- Remove beans and tin foil and bake for another 15-20 min or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Put all filling ingredients into Cuisinart or blender and blend until smooth. (If you can't get butter to blend all the way don’t worry about it, it will be resolved in next step.
- Put blended filling mix into sauce pan and cook on med/low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 min or until mixture becomes nice and thick. Be patient here it will happen!
- When mixture has become a nice thick curd turn off heat and poor on top of crust. Let tart cool at room temperate. Refrigerate after cooled.